Eventgallery is a Joomla photo gallery component that organizes photos into categories and events. Events are then showed by date order, with the latest event in a category at the top of the page. Photos are automatically resized when uploaded to the site, so no resizing is required.
Create a new event & Upload Photos
- Login to the administrator of your site (ex. https://yourwebsite.com/administrator)
- From the top menu, click Components > Eventgallery > Manage Events
- Click the green NEW button at the top of the page to create a new event.
- Enter the Folder Name, Title, and choose the correct category. Also change the publish date if your photos were taken on a different date or you wish to order this event differently (based on date). Choose "YES" for Published. If you would like to set a password to keep this event private, enter your desired password in the listed area. You can give this password out to anyone who needs access to that gallery.
- Click the SAVE & CLOSE button at the top of the screen.
- Your new event will appear at the top of the page that appears. To upload new photos, click the small "Upload Files" icon in the row of icons next to the event.
- Click the "Choose Files" button and select files from your computer. You can select all the photos you wish to upload at the same time. Click Upload or OK, depending on your machine.
- Your files are now being uploaded. When you see an empty "Pending Files" list n the left of the screen, your upload is complete. This will take a few minutes, depending on how many photos you are uploading.
- Click the "CLOSE" button from the top of the screen. Your photos are now live on your website.
Cube Creative will help customize your website gallery and create menu items for photo categories. We can train on this as well, however if you would like to see more hep from the software supplier, please visit the video documentation page.